Thursday, April 1, 2010

spring! and Happy Easter...

It is still 80 degrees here and it is after 9pm! It has been a beautiful day. We are expecting warm temps for Easter Sunday, and I am happy about that. It is also Bob's 49th birthday! We plan to go to church, then out to lunch to celebrate. He wants a Vanilla Wafer Cake for his b/d, so I will make it Saturday. Since I gave up cake, cookies, and candy for lent, this will be a perfect time to eat a little cake.

I have to admit, though, that I haven't missed the food all that much. Thankfully God has helped me with it. We never celebrated Lent when I was a child; I really didn't know what it was until I married Bob and joined the Methodist Church. The Holy Days make me very happy.

The doctor's office called yesterday and again this morning. I have at least 5 tumors (non cancerous) and an abnormal pap. Guess surgery will be sometime this spring after the right hand surgery heals.

Have a wonderful holiday...
Renea

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the tumors and the pending surgery. May the Lord help you through the difficult days of waiting.

    Have a Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete