Saturday, April 24, 2010

back in the saddle, again.

Well, I got back midnight or so from Michigan where I attended the funeral. Never had I imagined that Michigan was such a pretty state. At least it was where I was. We were at one point so far out that the population is about 300 with no local police. The people there were so nice to me. And being a southern woman, they were intrigued by my accent and local colloquialisms. In fact, I kept giving one of the ministers, who is also the son of my friend who died, "southernisms". Maybe he can incorporate some of them into a sermon someday.

I was asked to sing at the funeral. The song they wanted was "The Wayfaring Stranger",a cappella. Though being nervous, it turned out OK.

So, I guess that maybe I can get back to sewing soon.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment