Monday, April 12, 2010

April Blooms

I have just returned from a brief walk with the dog. The flowers from the Dogwood trees and the Azaleas are too beautiful to describe. Traditionally, April is to have the showers for the May flowers, but I think we are ahead of ourselves. Somehow, seeing all this beauty inspires me.

We are planning to plant a couple of trees for Arbor Day, if we can. I am leaning toward a Red Bud Tree because of the size and the flower color, or maybe pink Dogwood's. We might even put in Azaleas in the back yard to help keep the land from washing away down the ridge. We also might put in Japanese Maples just because they don't get too big.

Anyway, I can dream, can't I?
xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like the sound of your dream because so many of those plants/trees do not grow here because of the harsh climate.

    Planting trees is a gift you give the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Giving something as simple as plants & trees helps not only us, it helps the future and the Earth itself....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, rub it in about spring!!! How I miss East Tennessee springs - formerly lived between Oak Ridge and Knoxville. Made a LOT of trips to Smokies in the spring also, on my bike through the Cades Cove route. Wahhhh. I'm now in Western Nebraska - very different climate! But our daffodils are blooming! No leaves or green grass yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tennessee is indeed a beautiful state. However, just this past Monday, Chattanooga's pollen count was over 7000! We had the highest pollen count in the country, and 3rd on Wednesday. We'll be blooming until spring, poor allergy sufferers.

    To me, daffodils are the first sure sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete