Sunday, May 16, 2010

and the household grew......

It is a very rainy Sunday, not surprising as it seems like summer already. The humidity is overbearing and with it always comes the rain &/or storms. However, with the dryness over the past week, the grass and flowers need the drink from above.

My friend, Gloria, is coming tomorrow to spend a few days with me. It will be good to see her again.

Josh has decided to spend at least the summer with DH and me. I hope his mother will agree. He is 17, though, and will be a senior next year. He just needs a change and we will welcome him. It is nice to have youth around, even a sometimes smart-alack teen! His step-dad had a heart attack (2nd one) last night. Maybe the distance between the two will give him a rest.

Glynda, my next door neighbor, and I have been burning junk and debris from the gully between our properties. You wouldn't believe what we've found! She's lived there over 42 years and it hasn't been all cleared until now. We found a 20' gutter, distributor caps, wagon, toilet tank top, lino, roofing tiles, chairs, etc. And these were buried underground! We liked to have never dug this junk up. Makes me wonder who all those years ago put this stuff out there. But the dirt there is wonderful! We plan to plant azaleas there to beautify the yard and the neighborhood. It is probably at least a 40' drop from the road to where we were clearing, but it is beautiful landscape.

Today, I am having to use the walker because the pain is awful in my lower extremities. You know you always have to pay for playing! Doc's at Vandy say my body has bursitis all over. The new med regime is starting to work at reducing the inflammation it seems, but the pain has not totally gone. We will continue to work on that. It would have really never dawned on me that systemic nerve pain could be so painful as well as hard to control.

Have a wonderful day. I intend to!
xoxo
Renea

No comments:

Post a Comment