Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pepper's home!

With the snow, ice, and below freezing temps for over a week, my 8 year old cat, Pepper, has been gone. I, of course, feared the worst since he hasn't come home. But, today, thankfully, he came home. Just to eat, but at least I know he is OK. He is an outdoor cat, almost feral, but he allows me to pick him up and stroke him briefly. He doesn't like my "granddog" Punk, a dachshund, and a year old sickly cat I have named "Freddy von KittyCat"-aka Fred. So, he avoids them. After all, he is the "alpha male" in the animal kingdom here!

2 comments:

  1. My cat is 22 years old, and is one of the small variety...so still looks like a kitten. Her name is Patches. Every once in a while she goes out and doesn't come home for a day or two. It always upsets me and I pray for angels to guide her home. She has never really meowed so she just sits and stares at the door like it will open if she stares hard enough. :) Gamamwinkie is a very unique name. I am sorry you are so ill with pain. I have 'arthur' and fibromyalgin (sp?) and about 6 other things mainly due to heart. Isn't life fun! :) But God is good and I praise Him through all of it! :) Oh, and I have 3 married children and 7 grandchildren. Oh...LOL...and I love to quilt and embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, thanks for the nice note! It is snowing like crazy here in Tennessee today- we already have about 4" here...I let Fred in for a while to warm up. He usually sleeps on the porch in a carrier with towels inside and outside to block the wind. Pepper is hiding somewhere...
    Sorry about the aches you are having as well.

    Aren't grandchildren the best?

    ReplyDelete