Saturday, January 23, 2010

gamawinkie-what?

I guess some of you are wondering "what in the world is a gamawinkie?". Well, it stems from a nickname my daughter, Meighan, gave me when she was still in high school. She used to tease me and tell me that someday I'd have a grandchild that couldn't talk plain and would try to say "Grandma Wrinkles!", but it would come out as "Gamawinkie". The nickname has stuck, although my 3 y/o grandson just calls me Grandma. But all the packages I send him (and his baby sister, mom and dad) are all sent from Gamawinkie! (they live about 5000 miles away from home). Anyway, I have been working on the mystery quilt and gotten the first step done. I'd post a picture except the battery is dead in the camera and I still haven't as of yet a battery charger. Oh well, hope to post some pix very soon...

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is. I have always encouraged the kids to have a sense of humor! (knowing that someday it will inevitably happen to them)

    ReplyDelete