Tuesday, June 1, 2010

post Memorial Day

I hope that everyone had a great holiday. Memorial Day means a lot to me. America means a lot to me. If you get annoyed at those who always try to salute the flag, I am one of those annoyances. There are several military folks in my family, though I myself was too short to join when I was a young woman. Can you imagine that? What makes it even harder to believe is that I was borderline too skinny! If you could just see me now....haha...:)

Justin and Rachel came over, and Bob grilled brats and hot dogs. Even if we hadn't eaten, it is just nice to have the kids over. If Meighan, Toby, Tommy, and Athena could have been here, I think I would have flown from just sheer happiness.

My sewing room; a disaster at the moment. I can't even get into it. Maybe tonight the boys will help move things about so that I can at least reach my sewing machine. All the household changes require changes for me, so I am trying to find a little niche for me to be creative.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I am one of those flag waving people as well. I am a VN era Army vet and baseball games choke me up when they play our anthem.

    ReplyDelete