Saturday, February 6, 2010

buck a block...and more cold weather! plus a cry of happiness....

I knew when I saw the squirrels in the fall it was going to be a cold winter. I don't mind though, because maybe it'll help kill the mosquitoes and bugs that we get during the summer. But today, just snow flurries, but the wind is cold!

I have just started the "buck a block" series for this year. I have never used Thangles before, so it should be interesting! There are 2 sizes of blocks- 2 large and 3 small in different color schemes- tone on tone, floral, brights, civil war, and scrappy. Soooo, if I get them all done each month, there will be 5 tops completed. Yay!

I have been sick with a flare up and an infection for over a week and have just started feeling better the last couple of days. The transplant drugs they gave me before helped my disease, but left me toxic, so I had to come off them. The secondary choice they are giving me makes me feel less like death, but I can't seem to be pain free...anyway, so you can imagine how tired I was beginning to feel when...

I talked to my daughter in Hawai'i yesterday and she sent me pictures of Athena, the 4 month old. Then, she told me that she thinks I am beautiful. I immediately cried. I just thought that all daughters didn't think of their moms as attractive, so this made my day, week, everything. I am a very lucky gal. And am so proud of my children. God has blessed me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment